OPEN TO: All interested and qualified candidates
POSITION: Accounts Assistant
OPENING DATE: JULY 30TH 2016
CLOSING DATE: August 15th 2016
WORK HOURS: FULL TIME BASIS
Kenya Community Support Centre (KECOSCE) is an NGO active in five counties of the Coast region. The organization has its offices in Mombasa. KECOSCE works with grassroots communities to facilitate an equitable and secure society through community economic empowerment, democratic governance and advocacy and Human Security, Conflict mitigation and peace building programmes. KECOSCE is seeking to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join its team of self driven staff and contribute to the achievement of the organization’s vision.
Reporting to the Program Accountant, the primary responsibility of this position is the preparation of financial documentation to include the preparation of Cash Disbursement, Cash Receipt, and Adjusting Journal Entry Vouchers, enter financial data into the KECOSCE finance system and file financial transaction as per KECOSCE's filing system.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare Cash Disbursement, Cash Receipt or Adjusting Journal Entry Vouchers, as applicable, in compliance with KECOSCE's financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare, Register duly signed cheques in the cheque register. Disburse cheque, cash or fund transfer documents to the individual or vendor as indicated in the appropriate Cash Disbursement Voucher.
- Ensure that all the necessary receipts and invoices are returned within 5 days after the payment is issued or by the end of the accounting period and attached to the appropriate Cash Disbursement Voucher.
- Enter the data for all authorized Cash Disbursement, Cash Receipt and Adjusting Journal Entry Vouchers on a daily basis.
- Deal with daily transactions for the petty cash and ensure that reconciliations are completed on a weekly basis.
- Ensure all filing is done in a timely and accurate manner.
- Verification of accuracy of invoices and expense reports submitted for payment
- Perform other financial tasks and assignments as and when required which are consistent with your level in the organization
- Holders of CPA Part I and Pursuing Part II
- At least six months experience in accounting, preferable for a non- profit organization.
- High degree of arithmetic accuracy and attention for details
- Computer literate
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must have worked with recognized financial software (at least excel and quickbooks).
Deadline for receiving application will be 4:00 p.m. 15th August, 2016.
How to Apply for the Job: Please submit a resume/CV, and cover letter (Hand delivery, post or email)
on your suitability to the
Kenya Community Support Centre
Malindi/Mombasa Road - Kisimani
P. O. Box 42944-80100