OPEN TO: All interested and qualified candidates
POSITION: Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting Officer
OPENING DATE: JULY 30TH 2016
CLOSING DATE: August 15th 2016
WORK HOURS: FULL TIME BASIS
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E Officer) will be providing support in monitoring and evaluating ongoing projects. The incumbent will be responsible for overall M&E and learning needs of the project and will come up with findings based on real data to show performance of the projects.
This post will support monitoring and evaluation (M&E) across all programme areas and the implementation of the organisational monitoring and evaluation strategy. This will include; process and tools development, data collection and analysis and reporting. The post holder will assist programme and staff in the use, adaption and reporting from said tools and processes and will be active in identifying learning opportunities that demonstrate impact, outcomes and important learning opportunities. They will work closely with other members of staff to share learning internally and externally
The project M&E Officer will be responsible for developing and implementing the performance monitoring system and indicators to track and report project results.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the KECOSCE evaluation and learning (E&L) strategy.
- Contribute to data collection, storage and analysis.
- Work with programme staff to ensure M&E tools and processes are understood and used.
- Provide advice to staff and stakeholders on M&E decisions, such as the identification of priorities, needs and indicators; the design, set up and use of M&E systems to collect data; and the design of E&L studies.
- Identify opportunities to provide and present E&L findings and data to colleagues to contribute to decision-making and strategic planning processes as appropriate.
- Ensure information from M&E activities is properly analysed and written up for reporting and learning, by undertaking and supporting activities such as:
- Use of data analysis software
- Collation and analysis of M&E data (including through surveys, web statistics, interviews, subscriber data, unsolicited feedback, case studies and reports) and analysed against outcomes to draw out learning and implications.
- Triangulation of findings using different types of data and analysis of trends over time
- Support E&L staff to ensure the quality of evaluation reports.
- Write and present E&L reports. Including: Presenting data and reports verbally to internal and external audiences.
- Promoting the sharing of written feedback about impact and learning findings to stakeholder groups.
- Ensuring reports and findings are communicated effectively via close collaboration with programs coordinator
- Participate in external events in order to undertake M&E related data collection or share organisational and programme E&L findings.
- Contribute to the development, baseline and implementation of the Performance Management Plan (PMP)
- Carry out other tasks as directed by the supervisor or Executive Director
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree experience in one of the following related fields: statistics, social sciences and education or equivalent combination of education and work experience or experience in a similar position for not less than six months in a reputable organization.
- Experience working with donor-funded projects desirable.
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to analyze data, conceptualize, perform and apply mathematical skills.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and to assess priorities with a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to work within a results-oriented team
- Excellent oral/written communication skills in English
- Computer skills including Excel and relevant statistical packages.
- M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory); planning and implementation of M&E systems;
- Knowledge, skills and experience in key MERL standard tools such as PMPs, and Results
How to Apply for the Job: Please submit a resume/CV, and cover letter (Hand delivery, post or email) on your suitability to the
Kenya Community Support Centre
Malindi/Mombasa Road - Kisimani
P. O. Box 42944-80100
Kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.